Sunday, December 21, 2008

JIDORI CHICKEN, TERIYAKI

One of the newest additions to the menu. I have introduced this dish now to two restaurants and in both places it has been the most popular. This is also the dish that represents me the most. It showcases simplicity, highest quality product and a new modern approach to cooking. The breast is cooked sous-vide, the vegetables are delivered daily from local farmers here in our area. The potato puree has an interesting story. It is more then eight years now when I did a stage at Cello in NYC. For the first time I saw the chefs pass potato puree through a chinois. After working at Joel Robuchon, and seeing his version of potato puree, I combined both to come up with my version of a potato puree. I use fingerling potatoes and Organic Valley milk, cream and butter.

No comments: